Thursday, February 2, 2017

The Butter Burger Project begins!

As I am "in between assignments" right now, I have a few projects to work on that have been on the back burner for a while. I'll get to those later (some of them are pretty nifty).

I had an idea after reading another chunk of Tim Ferriss' Tools of Titans. I'm going to reach out to the business, arts and political leaders of Green Bay and invite to them to have lunch with me, my treat. Specifically, we'll go to Kroll's West and have a butter burger.

My goal is to capture a few minutes of their time and ask a couple of questions and listen to their story. I'm very interested in people's professional history and motivations. And since I'm currently a "free agent" and kinda curious about the next path I take, I might actually learn something.

What's in it for them? A burger from a legendary joint, and a few minutes with someone they haven't met and just might find interesting.

My hit list? Chamber board of directors, CVB folks, educators, artists, entrepreneurs, etc.

I'll probably get ignored four out of five times, but so what? Nothing to lose, much to be gained (like a few kilos from those butter burgers, amiright?).

I'll keep you apprised of the developments...

MT

No comments:

Post a Comment